This is episode 1 of the Leadership Series. This series will focus on the multifaceted work of school leaders. To kick of this series, I interviewed Dr. April Grace, Superintendent of Shawnee Public Schools, on the role of the superintendency and the importance of civic engagement. You can contact Dr. Grace on Twitter @ShawneeSup.
- What is your leadership philosophy?
- How has your views on leadership or your view of yourself as a leader changed during your years as an educator?
- How do you find balance between leadership and administrative duties?
- What guides you through the larger challenges of school/district leadership?
- How does leadership impact your engagement in advocacy?
- How does engaging in the community build your leadership capacity?
- What role does accountability play in your leadership position?