For this episode of Passing Notes I interviewed Melonie Hau, the Superintendent of Newcastle Public Schools. Superintendent Hau has worked with multiple districts and the K20 Center on strategic planning. Through this she has learned and led districts in how to create a strategic plan that drives district decisions and student achievement. You can find Superintendent Hau on Twitter @melhau11 and the K20 Center on their website or on Twitter @k20center
- Does your district currently have a strategic plan?
- How do you implement the strategic plan in your role within the district?
- To update or start strategic planning, who needs to be at the table to move the conversation forward?
- What are your district’s priorities that need to be considered in the strategic planning process?
- What steps does your district need to take to ensure that the current strategic plan is in motion and applicable to the work that the district is doing to improve student achievement?
- What does your leadership team need to be successful at strategic planning?